Special Notes

  1. To order Blood Work and Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) for an RCP Consult, we have compiled the following list of laboratories. If your region is not listed below, it is because we have not found a lab in your area. Please seek out a lab that can fulfill the test requirements above. (And when you find one, please contact Customer Service so that we can add that information to this list.)
  2. We understand that ordering these tests may at times be a little confusing and even a bit frustrating… Each lab in each region has different prices, different procedures, different rules, etc. But hang in there — these labs will be incredibly useful for you to understand your baseline, and to track improvement over time.

Worldwide – Bloods

Different labs in different regions of the world may have a different names for any (or all) of these tests.  Please work with the lab and/or your physician if you need to translate this into your local options.

Ultimately we want to look at the following blood markers:

  • “Iron studies”, including:
    • Serum Iron
    • Total Iron-binding Capacity (TIBC) and/or Saturation
    • Serum Transferrin
    • Serum Ferritin
  • Serum Copper
  • Serum Ceruloplasmin (or Caeruloplasmin)
  • Red Blood Cell (RBC) Magnesium
  • Plasma Zinc
  • Hemoglobin (or Haemaglobin)
  • Vitamin A (Retinol)
  • Vitamin D (storage form: 25-OH)

    {some areas can’t get all, but we do recommend trying to get them!}

Some countries have ‘pay your own’ testing options available for bloods. You may be able to seek companies that do independent testing for verifying life insurance policies, for pre-employment checks or other non-medical system uses. They may not advertise the option, but if you contact them, they may be able to do the tests.

If you find a company who will do the tests, please share and we will update the information here!

Worldwide – HTMA (Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis)

Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) is tool used to gain insight into the nutrient profile of your hair. Testing your hair will give your consultant ways to help you understand insight into your personal situation, how your body responds to stress and other aspects too. The preferred laboratory we suggest is Trace Elements Inc (TEI).

We have covered specific options that we are aware of for the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and Singapore. Please scroll down for these details.

If you live in New York State, there are state regulations preventing HTMA tests being processed. Please talk to your RCP Consultant to discuss your situation.

Many other countries will be able to order HTMA’s via Even Better Now – TEI Profile 1.


Many people are able to work with their healthcare professional to order some (or all) of these tests, and have some (or all) of the costs covered by their health insurance. Some are not… Your mileage will vary based on what State you are in, your health insurance, and your healthcare practitioner.

  • Blood
    • Request A Test – This option is a bit more expensive that Ulta Labs, but it is available in a wider range of States, and also includes Vitamin A & D.
    • Ulta Labs – This option is less expensive than Request A Test, but it is not available in all States.
  • HTMA


Unfortunately, many Canadians report challenges with requesting tests from their physicians. And depending on where you live, you are more restricted with what you can request yourself. Options to investigate via your health care provider (or possibly DIY) could include:


It is important to get RBC magnesium testing done by laboratories that give results in mmol/L – laboratories like QML who use the RPAH testing for Red Blood Cell Magnesium, will provide a result in “umol/g Hgb” which we cannot convert to mmol/L.

If you use iMedical, they are aware of which laboratories provide the measure we suggest, so please make sure you choose the ‘MAG’ options (linked below) or make sure that they are aware that you are getting the tests done connecting to the Root Cause Protocol.

  • Blood (Queensland only)
  • Bloods (all other states)
  • HTMA
    • Interclinical Laboratories – Use their “Contact Us” form and request “Profile 1 HTMA” test.
    • Your RCP Consultant may be able to help you with your kit too, please get in touch with them

New Zealand

  • Blood
    • PathLab MAY be able to offer the ‘Full Monty’ tests via patient requested labs. Please contact them directly to discuss.
    • It may be difficult to get serum ceruloplasmin and serum copper in some situations. It is worth asking your Doctor if they can do them, but being aware that they MAY not have used the measure/s before and may not know the right codes or that they can be ordered.
  • HTMA
    • Interclinical Laboratories – Use their “Contact Us” form and request “Profile 1 HTMA” test.
    • Your RCP Consultant may be able to help you with your kit too, please get in touch with them

United Kingdom

  • Blood
    • TBA (Please get in touch with a RCP Consultant to gain assistance here – no direct options currently exist)
  • HTMA
    • Mineral State – the ‘Hair Test Basic’ is all you need.
    • Your RCP Consultant may be able to help you with your kit too, please get in touch with them


  • Blood
    • Innovative Diagnostics MAY do blood tests without a Doctors referral.
      They have three branches around Singapore. All blood tests EXCEPT RBC Magnesium may be available.
    • Doctors may order the bloods through other laboratories too, but RBC Magnesium is unlikely to be an option.
  • HTMA

    Other Countries

    If your country is in the following list, a local company has an “exclusive distribution agreement” with TEI and you must to order directly with that company or with a consultant who has registered with that company. To find out details for the company in your country, please contact Trace Elements Inc (TEI) directly here.

    • Countries with exclusive distribution agreements outside of Even Better Now:
      • Argentina
      • Australia (details listed elsewhere on this page)
      • Brazil
      • Chile
      • China
      • Croatia
      • Denmark
      • El Salvador
      • Ecuador
      • Finland
      • Guatemala
      • Hong Kong
      • India
      • Indonesia
      • Jamaica
      • Kuwait
      • Malaysia
      • Mexico
      • Netherlands
      • New Guinea
      • New Zealand (details listed elsewhere on this page)
      • Norway
      • Poland
      • Singapore (details listed elsewhere on this page)
      • South Africa
      • South Korea
      • Spain
      • Sweden
      • Switzerland
      • Taiwan
      • Thailand
      • United Arab Emirates.

    Understanding What These Tests Mean…

    Once you have ordered your lab work and received your test results, please read What Are The “Ideal” Lab Test Results?

    Join Our Newsletter

    To receive regular updates on RCP news and events, please add your name to the e-newsletter list below.

    © 2021 Root Cause Protocol™
    HomePrivacy PolicyTerms & ConditionsMedical DisclaimerContact Us |Donate